TLG 1.27% 40.0¢ talga group ltd

TLG Chart, page-3035

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3001
    @Lies&damnlies, I think Talga did alright in terms of coverage after the Chinese news, especially as they were invited to be only 1 of 5 companies that demonstrated what Strategic Projects should look like during Raw Materials Week, a high level EU conference that was purely about the CRMA and securing supply outside of China - This just a day or two after the CRMA reached provisional agreement.

"We cannot continue to have 90% of a critical component depending on only one supplier so I really applaud your initiative and your project" - Thierry Breton at RMW

Undoubtedly the charts show that the share price is in a downtrend, but I think it'll be more clear once the results of the SPP are announced. Did Talga get the full sum? If so, the funding uncertainty that was starting to cloud over Talga has now been shifted onto the shorts who probably were anticipating a larger raise with instos.

The 1st of Dec also provides more unease for those shorting. I think we can all agree that it should be a positive for ex-China graphite/anode plays. But the question is, how positive? Is that a good question for shorters to ask? How positive will this be?

Then even more unease starts to creep in as we begin to enter the time-frame where the Supreme Court makes their decision, with slim odds that it goes well for shorters (1.5%). The rejection of appeals serves as a key for the backlog of catalysts. It's important to note that Talga haven't been sitting on their hands during this extended appeals process - and neither have those that are involved in the now completed lending consortium. They've been chipping away at finalising approvals and remaining documentation/due diligence. Mark has stated signing off on the consortium is related to the mining permit being fully approved. With work occurring in the background during this appeals process, how quickly does that occur if appeals are rejected?

So, my point to all of this is that with the share price touching a 52 week low only last month, the majority of shorts are likely in money at the moment. Unless the Swedish courts leak something (unlikely - see previous announcements having no suspicious SP movement), then surely the smart play would be for shorts to start covering, which I believe is what we've seen recently and what has propped up the share price during the SPP. If they continue to slip out the backdoor as we saw during the SPP, the share price could potentially be supported despite the downtrend.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5765/5765108-3b2795afcaf2b205b474ed4a9e9fd378.jpg

November 6 is right before the large drop off, it's also the date of the SPP announcement. 14.2m down to 11.8m as of November 20.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.