TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

I like an interesting juxtaposition. Andrew Liveris was the...

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 918
    I like an interesting juxtaposition.

Andrew Liveris was the chairman of Dow Chemicals who during his time were one of the largest consumers and producers of petrochemicals in the world.

He is now a director and Top 20 shareholder of Novonix. A synthetic anode producer who cooks up petrolium coke at high temperatures in a highly energy intensive manner to produce anode.

MT on the other hand has been building a business for more than 10 years, that will be proucing natural graphite anode with the lowest emissions of any graphite, based on rewnewal energy. The key is using a naturally produced and low energy intensive resource that has been formed for millions of years.

This is a big shift in the chemical make up of energy storage. Lithium Batteries.

The thing I think about is true renewability. Cathode appears to be renewable. However, anode material isn't. If Anode, which is 50% of a battery by volume, isn't renewable then a battery isn't renewable.

Howeve, if Talga can turn the anode material into carbon black, and then turn it into Talnode-Si, then we may have a completely renewable anode material.

Last edited by cat dog: 01/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.