TLG 0.00% 57.5¢ talga group ltd

TLG - Media, page-10287

1. 410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697
    Probably our short seller spoofing the market, trying keep a lid on the SP. I know that reads like the unfounded conspiratorial type of thing people (incorrectly) say on these boards all the time, but put yourself in the Short's shoes.

Imagine you've got to buy 2.9M shares and there's only a couple hundred thousand shares available in the ask queue with huge gaps between them. You have no idea how high the price would need to go to buy the 2.9M shares needed to close your position (maybe very high, maybe not). Every day that goes by you have to pay interest (granted, a nominal amount) to keep the position open. And, you know that if a big announcement comes (which could happen at any time), it will take barely any buying pressure to send the SP high enough to threaten a marginal call.

If I were the short, I'd be shitting my pants. The downside for shorts is limitless. And, it could get much worse if the algos sniff a short squeeze and front-run it (it may take a lot more than 2.9M shares being sold for the shorts to close the position). You wouldn't be able to tell looking at the SP, but it's a precarious situation for the short side.

Just saying, if I were the Short, I'd be spoofing the market to keep a lid on this thing for as long as possible, trying to close as many shares out under $1.20 as possible, and praying for a bad announcement or a large shareholder getting in financial trouble and being forced to liquidate.

Final note, don't read this as "sHoRt's aRe f*eD." A big shareholder could literally dump tomorrow, and they could get out in huge profit. (I want to emphasize the previous sentence, because the rest of this post is laced with hopium.) But, every day that goes by where that doesn't happen, I become slightly more confident that it's not going to. I pay most attention to the trading volume. Short's need high volume moving to close out.
    Last edited by sithas22: 19/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $218.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
60.0¢ 60.0¢ 56.3¢ $517.9K 899.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 899 57.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 48309 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.