TLG 1.83% 55.5¢ talga group ltd

Generalist and Ameri-centric, but still good reminders to those...

1. 864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    Generalist and Ameri-centric, but still good reminders to those who invest in this space... i.e. the future.

Some quick quotes from the article that sums up why I dropped money on TLG....and the LT approach you have to have.

"Take the long view. Bill Gates famously said a number of years ago, “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. ” Of course, he was talking about technology changes. There are a lot of parallels between what’s happened in technology and what’s happened in climate change. You need to take the long view."

"The last piece of advice, which is similar to the first one is, is that it’s better to act early than late. There’s an economist named Hyman Minsky who passed away some years ago, and he became known for something called the “Minsky moment.” The Minsky moment occurs when investors suddenly, all at the same time, reprice an asset class. We experienced a Minsky moment back in the financial crisis of 2008, when investors all across the board suddenly repriced certain groups of assets, like subprime loans. You want to avoid a Minsky moment of climate change. So far, asset values have moved relatively gradually in most sectors, but there may be a very rapid repricing of certain asset classes. With real estate at risk and certain technologies at risk, it’s better to act early than late. Those are the recommendations I have for investors in the space."

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4883/4883673-ebc421804a607e7f4abcc2849e18edd8.jpg
    https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/mckinsey-on-books/author-talks-an-investors-guide-to-the-net-zero-transition

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
0.010(1.83%)
Mkt cap ! $210.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
54.0¢ 56.5¢ 53.8¢ $187.9K 340.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 83393 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.5¢ 34125 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.