TLG 3.33% 58.0¢ talga group ltd

TLG - Media, page-11808

1. 1,430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 872
    "We have herded reindeer here for hundreds of years, with rudimentary, basic tools ... and now we do it with the aid of gps, quad bikes, drones, satellite imagery, environmental monitoring data, animal husbandry science, radio and mobile telecommunications, satellite internet....

but if we had to somehow work our way around a mine in a miniscule portion of our vast wilderness, we'd probably cease to exist. Oh yeah even though we don't really need to be doing this to continue to exist, it's more of a cultural thing. So when we say 'cease to exist' it's not because we couldn't herd reindeer, it's that we've flat-out decided we can't possibly co-exist with anyone else period. You want to set up a lemonade stand to serve environmentalists monitoring the landscape as the climate changes? Nope, no-way, existential threat! We refuse and will instead threaten to cease to exist, and then blame you for even thinking about it!"

"And when we're done threatening to cease to exist because we have to work together with other people, we go back to a warm house built to modern standards with modern conveniences, that's kept safe from Russian invasion by the complex network of treaties and international commitments from all the other people we try to either ignore or condemn. And then blame them all for Climate change while claiming any efforts at a 'green transition' are propaganda and refusing to accept any personal impact towards dealing with the issue - because we herd reindeer so that means our quad bikes and 4x4's are perfectly in tune with nature and how dare you suggest otherwise!"

Thank god people like this are just a noisy minority. And I don't mean Sami are a minority, from my understanding not all Sami are like this. Any group is gonna have extremists, and they almost always make the world a worse place. But these ones are particularly hypocritical. There is no reason the presence of Talga in the region can't be a win-win for everyone, and many people understand this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $220.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.0¢ 61.0¢ 57.5¢ $1.245M 2.074M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 70853 57.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.0¢ 27593 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.