TLG 0.88% 56.0¢ talga group ltd

"Talga believes that sustainability is not a section in a report...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    "Talga believes that sustainability is not a section in a report from the company without the core of the company's business strategy and vision, and that the graphite is onecritical raw material for the green transition. Sustainability and green transition have become slogans for mining operations. But how sustainable and green is it for the local community here in northern Sweden? In a basically untouched landscape, the company wants to open four mines and more...!"

Emphasis mine.

So the nature conservation society outs itself as being narrow minded and unconcerned about global warming! It is hilarious! The Greens never fail to embarrass, and ignore science.

Thankfully it is not the Nature Conservation Society in control.

I expect to see the permit approved with conditions for sensitive monitoring of the Torne river downstream and in lake Hosiojärvi, right next to the mine. I believe that the regulators will mandate Talga ensure the pH, ion, and silt levels in the lake be controlled within certain thresholds and be watchful of the Torne downstream. I believe that if Talga has not already done so (I have not seen it), Talga will have to propose and build facilities capable of deploying remediation measures to bring Hosiojärvi into compliance within a certain timeframe if certain thresholds are breached. If Talga fails to maintain water quality, I expect the permit will be paused until water quality levels return to acceptable parameters, before the permit is allowed to resume. I don't see any reason to delay the permit based on such a recommendation.

Talga did mention it in the vittangi DFS: "All mine pit dewatering and any potentially contaminated runoff, mainly in periods of the spring melt, will be treated for extraction of metals and particulates to match and exceed environmental standard prior to use or discharge to the lake." I just didn't see a specific plan in any document I have yet seen; and I think the regulators will want to see specifics. My bet is that Talga must submit the information within 1 year and the facilities must be in place prior to extraction start. A worst case scenario is that the permit is delayed 1 year until such specifics are given; but I think that regulators could reasonably infer that Talga can "walk and chew gum" at the same time; and even if Talga can't, the regulators can retain control over environmental quality and deny extraction if their requests are not explicitly met.

I am just an investor and these are just my opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $212.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.0¢ 58.0¢ 55.5¢ $502.1K 893.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14090 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 33008 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.