TLG 4.26% 45.0¢ talga group ltd

Good find @Ozarks123 , and deserves a place here in the Media...

1. 884 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    Good find @Ozarks123 , and deserves
    a place here in the Media thread

https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2023/03/01/firms-search-for-greener-supplies-of-graphite-for-ev-batteries

a snippet below...

Black gold

One of Europe’s first battery-anode plants, in Lulea, northern Sweden, has already begun supplying carmakers with production samples. This factory, owned by Talga, a firm in Perth, Australia, is fed by a graphite mine the company has developed near Vittangi, 300km yet farther north. The Vittangi mine produces some of the world’s highest-grade graphite, meaning less waste material is generated.
    The environmental impact can therefore be kept small, says Mark Thompson, Talga’s boss.The Lulea plant uses a process called low-temperature alkali-roasting to release impurities from graphite’s crystal structure. These are then washed away with acids milder than hydrofluoric. Mr Thompson says this produces less waste than conventional approaches. For bonus green points, the factory is powered by Sweden’s extensive supply of renewable hydroelectricity. The firm points to an independent analysis which finds the combination produces 96% less greenhouse-gas emissions than making synthetic graphite. Nevertheless, Talga is working on proprietary processes to make production greener still.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
-0.020(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $192.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 47.0¢ 45.0¢ $146.1K 317.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 24409 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.5¢ 1002 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.