TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

Alright, unfortunately here is some less positive...

1. 1,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2868
    Alright, unfortunately here is some less positive news:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/s-i-kiruna-tar-stallning-mot-grafitgruva-i-vittangi-kan-stoppa-detaljplan

"Municipal majority can stop detailed plan for graphite mine in Vittangi

Published today at 02:50

The Social Democrats in Kiruna have taken a stand against the planned graphite mine in Nunasvaara outside Vittangi.

There is thus a majority in the municipal council that can stop a future detailed plan for mining in the area.

It was only with a preponderance of a couple of votes that the members' meeting of the Social Democrats decided that they are against the mining company Talga's plans for the graphite mine called Nunasvaara south.

The Land and Environmental Court will make its decision on the environmental permit on April 5, and there were voices at the members' meeting who felt that they should have waited for that before taking a position.

Several have already taken a stand

Municipal councilor Mats Taaveniku, for example, reserved himself against the decision.Assuming that everyone votes with the party line, there is now a majority against the mining establishment in the municipal council.

The Left Party, the Feminist Initiative and the Sami List have already taken a stand.- We are fundamentally opposed to establishments on areas that make negative claims on land, the environment and indigenous rights, says Christine Brännvall (Fi).

- We already took a stand a couple of years ago after inviting Talga and listening to them, says Sanna Inga Poromaa (V).

Expecting a stop

The municipality can use the so-called planning monopoly if it wants to stop a mine.

- We expect that the work on the detailed plan for the mining area will be stopped, says Åsa Larsson Blind, Samilistan.

In the clip, you hear Kenneth Nilsson in the Social Democrats about the discussion in his party about the mine."

------------------

I know some may panic at what is reported above, but this sort of volatile news was always going to emerge and test long term holder's nerve at the pointy end. The fact that they have come out days before the environmental permit decision signals to me that they may suspect or even know that the permit will be approved. They have to try and stop the detailed planning of the mine site. A last act of NIMBY defiance.

"The Left Party, the Feminist Initiative and the Sami List have already taken a stand."

This should come as no surprise to anyone. These parties are against mining no matter what and were always against what Talga is going to achieve.

"It was only with a preponderance of a couple of votes that the members' meeting of the Social Democrats decided that they are against the mining company Talga's plans for the graphite mine called Nunasvaara south."

This will be viewed for what it is - an activist obstruction by a few and will be treated as such by the national Government and the EU Commission - especially if mining permits are approved and with the CRMA and NZIA coming into play. Local municipalities playing games with local planning rules will absolutely not have the power to overrule legislation like the CRMA. Imagine the embarrassment for Sweden and the EU if this were the case. If they could, then what power would the CRMA actually have? What would be the point of selecting strategic projects if some activist on a local council can simply say no?

This is why I have chosen to back my research and focus on what I've been posting about for a long while. Small fry local officials/confused activists will be kicked to the curb. Talga's deposits and technology are too vital to Europe's security and the green transition to be stopped.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.