TLG 4.84% 59.0¢ talga group ltd

TLG - Media, page-12296

1. 1,621 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879
    "I find it difficult to believe how the required conditions can be met in a timely manner."

Which required conditions do you see as a problem? The company has operated two trial mines without an issue. The now permitted mine won't exactly be that much larger. I believe the two trial mines have proven that the company won't have a problem and the environmental court obviously sees it that way too.

You're quoting Sami and anti-mining activists. Their opinions have been taken into consideration, but the environmental court has ruled that the company can proceed. So I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make, considering this is well known. You'd have a hard time finding any mine or emerging project outside of Africa and China that doesn't have activists attempting to obstruct. NIMBYism is indeed a widespread issue and is not exclusive to Talga.

You mention Talga's customers and timelines. In response, I ask these questions: In Europe, which other fully integrated anode producers are there? What is their resource grade? Is their mine permitted? How many years away are they from fully developing their technology? Have they even started their customer trials (which take years to complete)? If we're talking about timelines, Talga has first mover advantage in the natural anode side.

Customers can be ahead of Talga's timeline. This should be expected as battery factories are easier to build compared to advanced material companies. We see this all the time in the lithium space as mines simply take longer to bring online. However, which competition in Europe are ahead of Talga's timeline? Vianode, a synthetic producer set to complete their plant by 2024 are probably the only real competition. I use the word competition lightly too as the demand will be so excessive, having a couple of other companies taking a bite won't matter.

I think your last statement about seeing only 2 bags in 5 years is a bit short sighted. Did you take into consideration the EU's new legislation that is coming into play now, not in 5 years?

"Net-Zero Industry Act proposal includes targets for 40% EU anode production" - by 2030

So with battery grade natural graphite listed as a strategic raw material in the CRMA, there's a highly likely chance that Talga is listed as a strategic project. This means streamlined permitting and better access to finance. Which means that expansion will be rapid. Then add that this is a new industry with rapid growth and I think you will be incorrect.
    Last edited by Gvan: 08/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.0¢
Change
-0.030(4.84%)
Mkt cap ! $224.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
61.5¢ 63.0¢ 58.0¢ $807.3K 1.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 11139 59.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 12250 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.