TLG 3.49% 41.5¢ talga group ltd

With thanks to an old friend on another forum.Today at 12:38...

1. 2,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110

With thanks to an old friend on another forum.

1699634128185.png

Sweden challenges China
    2023 09 11

Today, Monday, the first sod was broken for the new battery factory in Luleå.

The battery company Talga's factory will be of great importance to Sweden and the green transition in general.

The facility is expected to produce 19,500 tons of finished anode material per year.

Important step for the green transition

Anode materials can be used, among other things, in batteries for electric cars.

- It is absolutely necessary to get the electrification in place. It is not enough that we produce lots of fossil-free electricity, but it is also required that we can store it, says Labor Market Minister Johan Pehrson (L) to SVT Nyheter.

"A New Era"

In April, Talga received the green light from the Land and Environment Court to open a graphite mine outside Vittangi and mine 100,000 tons of ore each year.

The company's plan is to mine graphite outside Kiruna. The mineral will then be used to produce anode material in the factory in Luleå.

- Norrbotten has supplied minerals that have built Europe for a long time. By being able to mine graphite here, Norrbotten is entering a new era to continue supplying the rest of the world, says Talga's founder Mark Thompson to DN.

Sweden challenges China

In recent years, China has seized the battery market for electric cars.

Now Sweden is challenging the superpower through the launch of the new factory in Luleå.

Labor market minister Johan Pehrson emphasizes this.

- It is important. China is acting aggressively and does not shy away from exploiting its position of power in key metals and minerals.

- This shows that Sweden can contribute to Europe and the independence of the democracies in a world that is quite gloomy in this area, says Pehrson to SVT.

Facts Talgas battery anode factory

- The large-scale facility planned for 2024 will be located on the Hertsö field in Luleå and will be able to deliver 19,500 tons of finished anode material per year.

- It is enough for 400,000 electric cars every year, where the anode, which is made of natural graphite from Vittangi, constitutes 40-50% of the active material in a car battery.

- At the same time, Talga plans to subsequently be able to fivefold production to over 100,000 tonnes per year.

Source: Talga Group"
    Sweden challenges China | Marcus Oscarsson

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.