TLG 3.33% 58.0¢ talga group ltd

If you want to read this use a free PDF to work converter then...

1. 939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    If you want to read this use a free PDF to work converter then use word to translate. Its quite a good write up that captures the perspectives of 5 people (Actors).

The selected actors are:
    - Sami belonging to the Talma Sami community
    - a worker at the mining company Talga
    - a resident of Vittangi
    - a researcher in natural resource management- a municipal representative who works at Kiruna municipality with experience in mining processes.

Some interesting excerpts:
    - All respondents agree that mining is needed in the climate transition towards a more sustainable future. However, perspectives differ depending on how the extraction of critical raw materials should best be done and where.
    - The municipal representative believes that the mining company has made a good deposit in Vittangi that is relevant to enable a climate transition in Sweden. Another respondent believes that the resource chain is "dirty", both from the point of view of polluting nature and negatively affecting human health, therefore it is better to carry out mining in a country like Sweden with better environmental legislation.
    - Resident? believes that they do not receive anything for the establishment of mining operations. The respondent expresses the feeling that the company gets in and digs holes in the ground, does not pay taxes and then leaves. The respondent believes that there will be no justice at all, neither for the people nor for the economy in Sweden.
    - the Sámi reason that the first choice for mining critical raw materials should not take place in Sweden, but should be made in other countries such as China.

Other issues: housing shortage, loss of cultural identify.

One thing i find particularly humorous is the comment that the mineral should not be taken now as it might be needed in the future.... I think that future has arrived.
    This view i don't find humorous, "The processes prior to mining establishments are often quick and are done carelessly, despite Swedish legislation".

This point is interesting to me, "The researcher problematizes that the Sami rights do not include any actual protection in Swedish legislation...."

The author is not keen on the use of NIMBY, but the acronym sums it up pretty well from a sami perspective.
    Overall i think the study is very good, and balanced. I recommend reading it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $220.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.0¢ 61.0¢ 57.5¢ $1.245M 2.074M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 70853 57.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.0¢ 27593 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.