TLG 0.87% 57.0¢ talga group ltd

TLG - Media, page-243

1. 1,854 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1473
    I don't disagree - my point was only that regardless of high price or low price environment for lithium and battery minerals - it isn't the critical path item for bringing EV prices down. The manufacturing technology and economies of scale is far more important.
    There is going to be a supply crunch for lithium moving forward and probably (but to a lesser extent) graphite, cobalt and nickel too - that is fairly unavoidable as it takes 5-10 years to bring on new supply but only days for the public to decide they want to buy a new EV.
    The original post I was replying to was insinuating that rising materials prices whilst good for TLG (higher graphite pricing) could also be bad as they may quell demand for EVs as they will increase overall pricing. My point - which you continually seem to ignore, was that if EV prices drop from $75-100k where they are geneally at now, to $20-30k as they are going to in the next 5 years, then no one is going to be crying about the $500 difference made by a doubling in the cost of lithium, which is largely going to unavoidable so pointless worrying about it.
    I'll say it louder for the folks in the back THE COST OF LITHIUM WILL NOT SLOW THE UPTAKE OF EVs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.