TLG 4.65% 41.0¢ talga group ltd

TLG - Media, page-4800

1. 846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    From my point of view, they are the most rational OEM. They drive on three tracks. They do what is politically demanded, but at a high level, EVs. But they are not 100% committed to it like the German politicians. You are right, they are also working on synthetic fuels. There is a study by the VDI (a very influential association) that backs this up, contrary to the political stance. They also want the synthetic fuels for their old cars. Many of them will be driven for the rest of their lives or even longer. With these fuels it would be the smallest footprint.
    And on the third track they want to produce their ICEs as long as possible. I suppose what they want most of all are ICEs with synthetic fuels. That would support the character of the vehicles. And according to the study, that's the most sustainable approach at this stage.
    But they cannot refuse to follow the trend. But then they do it properly. That's why looking at them is important for me. In contrast, Daimler has done almost everything wrong. They gave the ICE production to China, and on top of that the new core competence with the batteries. They are totally dependent on China. Porsche does things differently and far better. They rely on domestic production and don't give anything away.

Side note: I live in the middle of a big German city. I saw the very first public charging station two days ago. It looked very lonely. A green transformation can only succeed in an environmentally friendly way if you drive on multiple tracks IMO. And that is not a disadvantage for us, on the contrary. Acceptance among the population must be increased, not imposed.
    For our environment minister, for example, it doesn't matter how much CO2 is emitted for the production of an EV. They are all treated the same. But that is only the current status and it will change quickly. That's why I was sometimes worried whether the environmental friendliness of our products plays a role at all for the German OEMs. Fortunately, the European view is changing here and with it, the narrow-minded of some politicians. The EU battery label is on its way. At EGR I saw that the footprint is imprinted on the batteries with blockchain. Very interesting!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.