TLG 1.80% 54.5¢ talga group ltd

Thx for that article Goblin. Very interesting.@ synthetic anode...

1. 1,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Thx for that article Goblin. Very interesting.

@ synthetic anode in Europe:

Stora Enso - No wonder I missed them. They have a broad product range and in 2019 invested 10Mio into renewable graphite production for batteries. It sais the pilot plant produces 50 ktpa lignin, but nothing about the production of graphite from that. In any case, its not at all detailed if the properties of this material are any good for batteries. All very vague. Not sure how large a player in battery anode production they will be.

Hazer Process - Interesting technology, proves that needle coke is not needed. In my opinion, needle coke is used because it is cheap and available and is be processed into synthetic graphite simply because it might be the cheapest and historically one of the first processes. But there is no rule that sais it has to be used. As shown by the Hazer Process. And even at a world wide 20TWH battery production in 2030, there is more than enough carbon sources available to make needle coke shortage a non-issue. Not sure how they would be able to compete in Europe. My resarch on them was shallow.

CarbonScape - Not operating in Europe as far as I can see. Otherwise, similar to Stora Enso.

Carbone Savoie - I found them before but they make such a huuuuge range of carbon based products, I didnt take their statememt about battery grade graphite seriously. Maybe they have something set up for battery grade graphite.. anyone know what they are up to? It needs a very special type of processes to get to battery graphite, not sure they would bother with it. Too specialized. But I could be wrong. Happy if someone can supply

SGL Carbon - same as Carbone Savoie, really. Large producers of carbon fibre and all sorts of products. Not sure they can or want to specialize in battery products. Again, could be wrong.

Elkem - A formidable competitor. 200 tpa test production facility began Q2 2021, plans for a factory of 50 ktpa by 2023. Faster than Talga on this scale. We should keep an eye on them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.