TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

You are giving humans far too much credit. People are investing...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    You are giving humans far too much credit. People are investing in lithium miners because 1. lithium prices are up 100% on the year, and 2. electric vehicles will require lithium ion batteries.

Graphite is not on anyone's horizon until some OEMs like Tesla start literally complaining that they have enough of everything except graphite. People literally do not search what is inside a lithium ion battery, they just hear "lithium". It is tragic, but there it is.

There are loads of excellent thoughful people. And yet, the vast majority of people are short sighted, incurious, insular, complacent, and reactionary. They do not look to see "what else is out there". Its a damn shame.

I will give you an example. I recently lived with a guy who got out of the marines, 26 years old, claimed to want to be a chemical engineer. Great, right? The guy did not know what a debit card was, did not know how or didnt have it in him to pay off his credit cards, took cash advances off his credit cards, and failed to read the terms of his GI bill. The guy flunked biology 101. Guys, bio 101 is so easy... its biology for 14 year-olds. 20 minutes of homework per week tops. And the guy flunked it. He never did figure out debit cards, I am amused to report... and he is not alone! I have met others like him. He invested in bitcoin and doubled his paltry money, before blowing it gambling at online slot machines. I would say the average investor is better off than that fellow, but Rarely do I see people ask "what are the sum components of a battery! I ought to invest in them". Its too much work. No, they look up 10 lithium producers, choose ones whose story they like, and call it a day.

I wish I could say I have hope for humanity. It should be obvious by now I lost that a while ago.

Fundamentally, I think people hear "graphite miner" and they think "graphite? Like in the pencil? I think ill look for something cool like lithium". And so it will be, until some bankers run some numbers on a de-risked project. JV and permits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.