TLG 1.39% 71.0¢ talga group ltd

They organise demonstration against mining plans in VittangiOn...

1. 188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    They organise demonstration against mining plans in Vittangi

On the same day that Talga AB invites the Vittangians to see the mine site, a demonstration is organised against the plans — Many people are probably sitting on their own and thinking, says Hanna Råman, one of the initiators.

The concern is about the environmental impact the graphite mine will have on the outdoors and the environment. The area around Nunasvaara is an area where many Vittangibor have holiday homes. The proximity to the Torne River and a Natura 2000 area is also of concern.

— The experience from other mining operations is that the consequences have been more and more numerous, says Hanna Råman.

Urpo Taskinen is active in the Nature Conservation Association, which has written opinions in the consultations. He does not believe that Talga's environmental goals of contributing to increased electrification outweigh the environmental consequences of a mine.

"More radical"
    — It's all very well trying to reduce carbon emissions, but is this particular mine going to do it? Aren't there other measures you can take that are more radical?" he says.

Among other things, the Nature Conservancy believes that new mining of minerals should come last and that the need for mineral resources should be prevented first, materials should be recycled and already mined minerals should be recovered.

Via: https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/de-arrangerar-demonstration-mot-gruvplanerna-i-vittangi

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $269.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.5¢ 73.0¢ 70.5¢ $191.4K 267.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3875 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
72.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
72.0¢ 72.5¢ 71.0¢ 92723
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.