TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

True, although Urpo has been at it for at least the last 2 years...

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 918
    True, although Urpo has been at it for at least the last 2 years as a representative of the Nature Conservation Association in Norbotten County.

https://www.norrbotten.snf.se/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Yttrande-Talga-grafitbrytning-Nunasvaara.pdf

That was their response to Talga's initial consultation before the submission of the permits last year.

"The Nature Conservation Society's general position is that although metals and minerals areimportant for several purposes, not least for sustainable society, themining has a major negative impact on the natural environment, outdoor recreation, reindeer husbandry andcultural heritage."

The response isn't very compelling, and even they acknowledge the importance of the minerals. As announced recently, Talga have also reached agreement with the Sami regarding the reindeer husbandry and rehabilitation of the environment.

"The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation has produced amineral policy which proposes a priority order for mineral supply;a. Prevent the need for extraction of mineral resourcesb. Recycle materials and products containing mineral resourcesc. Recycle already mined mineralsd. Ultimately, new mining of minerals, under certain conditions with strict conditions"

They also talk of the need to recycle minerals, but as far as I'm aware, it isn't possible to recycle anodes. What is their answer? Or the facts don't align with their argument.

I am all for nature conservation...but I think Talgla have done everything possible to mitigate their impact and are a lot better than the alternative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.