TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

Graphene concrete is a story that, if true, will revolutionize...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309

Graphene concrete is a story that, if true, will revolutionize the entire construction industry. I am 100% on board with that, and I agree. However, before you get there, you have to test it out. Concrete is so deeply reliable and well known to construction that experimenting with it will be done, yes, but people are going to wait and see how it turns out first. These first pours for flooring are for roller-discos and gymnasiums, hardly places that are structurally strained or stressed.

Concrete is extremely important to human civilization: it is not built to fail. It cannot fail. We all use concrete, and the last thing the construction industry needs is "new, efficient, light-pour concrete" failing of its promise 5 years down the road. We cannot have bridges or skyscrapers crumbling 5 years after the pour because no one managed to cast something that long.

So what I expect is that people will try driveways (Talcrete), light/moderate use roads, and buildings which are not structurally imperiled. Maybe even single story/2story house foundations quite quickly, that would be great.

But freeways, bridges, heavy use roads, multistory buildings, dams, airport runways, I have to imagine that caution will abound. We cannot have these things fail, and the lab simply cannot replicate the real world.

To make anything in construction it needs to be cheaper. Based on Mark Thompson's projections, we can get there. For a concrete wholesaler to sell driveway concrete there need to be contractors who know about the product or consumers who demand it. It has to be easy. These things will be slower, until broadscale trust is developed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.