TLG 13.8% 49.5¢ talga group ltd

"Supply chains are getting shorter, simpler, cleaner, greener...

1. 410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697
    "Supply chains are getting shorter, simpler, cleaner, greener and more integrated thanks to supply chain disruptions and geopolitical risks."

Indeed. Businesses are paying the price right now for "Just in Time" supply-chains. They're highly efficient when they work, but all the gains are lost in short order once your whole operation grinds to a halt, because you're missing a $2 part. Throw in the geopolitical risks from China and it's leading to a global re-think of that philosophy.

I think businesses are going to want local raw materials to account for a decent portion of their supply-chain, so they have something to fall back on in case of shipping disruptions, and they will be willing to a pay premium for it. I think the NIMBY's had their decade in the 2010s but will find little sympathy from the public in the 2020s as prices rise across a wide range of products due to raw material shortages. I think you'll see states reverse course on obstructive permitting processes and start greasing the wheels for raw material providers with strong ESG credentials and high labor standards.

The entire resource section of my portfolio is built on this thesis.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.060(13.8%)
Mkt cap ! $188.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 49.5¢ 42.0¢ $522.2K 1.155M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 13330 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.