TLS 0.00% $3.96 telstra group limited

tls believer

1. 54 Posts.
    A lot of negative sentiment still surrounding Telstra. I understand a lot of people have lost significant amounts of money but at the current share price this is a very good buy.

- 11% fully franked dividend yield;
    - A strategy focussed on customer service;
    - Profits holding up well despite loss of core fixed line business as the business transitions to new industry;
    - Strong cashflows;
    - Strong new customer numbers;
    - New products;
    - Still number 1 business in a fast growing industry;
    - Next G network streets ahead of Optus and Vodaphone for wirelss customers;
    - NBN $11b benefit to be received over future years, resulting in special dividend or other capital restructure;
    - Majority of Future Fund selling completed.

Do people seriously think this business is going to die from a position of still clearly being the number one in one of the fastest growing industries?

Can someone please clearly articulate the downside to me (apart form the NBN deal not being completed)?

I understand frustration with the share price but not with the business. I agree with the directors comments yesterday that this business is materially undervalued and I am in. If it continues to go further south I will take more, a lot more.

Thodey to me appears to be an intelligent and genuine man who understands what needs to happen to keep the momentum up and turn this business around. The signs are already there but everyone seems to be ignoring them?! Perhaps this is due to false promises in the past? To me Thodey is a lot more believeable than Sol who I would never have supported or invested in.

People say Thodey is boring, I love boring! He is focussed on simplicity, not doing anything stupid. He is looking to long term not to getting easy runs on the board in the next 12 months.

The idea being posted regarding Telstra buying a bank is stupidity and the lack of patience in the board will prove costly for those who get out now. The current board has the right strategy but it takes time. For those who think a company of this size in this industry can be turned around in a matter of months are kidding themselves.

The directors have identified this business needs to be simpler. Buying into Suncorp would be a massive distraction and doomed to failure. Glad some of you guys suggesting this are not in control!!

My personal experience with Telstra over the past 18 months has been better than ever and would never go back to Optus, Virgin, Vodaphone who I have all tried.

For those who buy now and hold until 2012 the rewards will be very satisfying. Simply no better value on the ASX that this one at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.96
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.95 $3.98 $3.94 $52.92M 13.36M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 857748 $3.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.97 497142 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.