TLS 2.41% $3.82 telstra group limited

TLS chart, page-271

1. 96 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 297
    Why has Tls share price drifted below $3.00. It is not a question of charts but fundamentals that determines share price. At present the uncertainty of the 5G auction is depressing the share price, some days share turn over has been less than 15 million shares. This for a company that regularly trades twice or three times as many shares shows a reluctantic to buy or sell till there is more certainty.
    Buyers and sellers are waiting for the announcement of the auction results and an update on trading conditions. This will be announced in 2 weeks. I expect that the auction results will be very positive for Telstra, getting the spectrum it needs without paying above the odds unlike TPG.
    Also continually the hard grind of increasing the number of customers, though sacrificing margins to increase numbers. In the short term this may hurt the bottom line, but it is much easier to sell a new service or upgrade like 5G to an existing customer, rather than having to lure back customers to have left to go with the opposition. We will know in 10 weeks what the March 2019 dividend will be, I am betting that the 11cent dividend will continue. The fundamentals are changing with the release of 5G, why are the sale of smart phones by Apple dropping? Consumers realise that 5G will be here next year and are delaying the purchase of new phones till the introduction of the new technology, once it starts Telstra will be in the front row to cash in. In short do not follow charts look at the real world, Telstra may have another tough 12 months but after that the 5 g will boast returns.

Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.82
Change
0.090(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $44.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.83 $3.76 $144.1M 37.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 41410 $3.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.82 559861 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.