TLS 0.52% $3.83 telstra group limited

Yep zabbro, that bridging of $2.97 got taken care of this...

1. 1,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 861
    Yep zabbro, that bridging of $2.97 got taken care of this morning but too bad I was sleeping and didn't sell. I'm in a different time zone.

The next thing to look at is to draw an upper trend-line.

You can see we are near but not touching. That's ok. Today's intraday pullback from $2.98 has left a long upper wick on the candle.

I've been looking at this chart during the weekend and I see something very important and good that is taking shape here.

The recent bear flag shape that took the price down to $2.71 is significant. The long reversal candle on the 24 of December was significant. And now, the shape of the rise back up from that day is equally significant.

If I am right, the recent fall to $2.71 is the double bottom with the June $2.60. If it is, then we have actually seen TLS bottom and we are now witnessing the very early stages of a multi year rise of TLS back up.

But it is not going to be a quick and aggressive rise. Its going to take 1-2 years but sometimes deep pullbacks.

The shape and action taking place points to a slow and gradual recovery. Right now as we speak, TLS is consolidating in the $2.93-$2.94 area before the upper trend-line is breached to the upside.  We should now pull back and hang around $2.88-$2.93 for a few days until sideways movement causes the price to go and touch and start to rub around that upper trend-line.

The sideways motion could last many days now and sometimes can get as low as $2.88 and even $2.85 as a maximum low. Once the sideways move is complete, we should get a target of $3.10-$3.11 that will complete the shape I am seeing, before a fall back down to $3.00. The fall back down to $3.00 will serve as a back-test of $3.00 now turning support and probably be caused by 11c ex dividend. We could even get a jolt down to $2.70's again if world markets take a dump. But once ex dividend is gone and accounting for some roughness from world markets, TLS will continue its recovery onto $3.20, $3.50's and possible $3.70's by December.

Today was just a spike up that took care of that bridging feature I talked about and the intraday high would have been good to sell into if you were a trader as you could get back in at $2.93 and even $2.85.

TLS will trade at $4.00 and $4.20 again. But in 2 years.

The above assumes the recent $2.71 is a double bottom with $2.60 in the making. We also need to see the upper trend-line being overcome.

TLine.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.83
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.85 $3.88 $3.81 $96.28M 25.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1630 $3.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.84 141391 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.