TLS 0.00% $3.82 telstra group limited

tls wins either way, page-10

1. 3,648 Posts.
    TLS have no technology that gives them any edge whatsoever. They have a lot of channels to lay cable in and the experienced staff to do it, but that's it.

What you guys are really saying is that TLS should get the nod based on its national character, to preserve jobs, keep its SH happy and keep the funds in the country - all laudable goals, but would you select TLS if it would not reach % of population required or its bid was as high as the next guy, but it had advantages that the others did not, i.e. it was taking advantage of its position to squeeze extra profits from the public?

What the gov. is saying, don't pitch us a "mini" tender reply just because your the national carrier. Don't tender an uncompetitive bid, just because you can. If you want to bid, do so satisfying the same criteria as everyone else - it must be competitive or it will be ignored.

The gov is playing hard-ball, as is TLS and if TLS wants the work, it needs to be a) competitive, b) provide something extra that others can't or won't and it needs to come off its high horse and stop playing politics.

I accept that TLS getting the job would be a good thing for the nation (all other things being equal), but there are issues and there is the incredibly smug way TLS operates that just gets under my skin and I believe, under the gov's skin too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.82
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.83 $3.85 $3.80 $81.46M 21.29M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 337439 $3.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.83 404931 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.