TLS 1.39% $3.66 telstra group limited

ekman,yes in hindsight it is pretty much a no-brainer that TLS...

1. 480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ekman,

yes in hindsight it is pretty much a no-brainer that TLS should have been split to give the best outcome for the nation. But it looks like it could happen any-way because the new NBN will be like a highly regulated utility whether TLS are in or out. (just a question of whether TLS goes down swinging in the courts or joins the NBN party)

The issue for TLS is whether they have any aces up their sleeve to provide a credible alternative to the NBN. No doubt talking up cable and wireless is another TLS tactic to disuade investors in NBN and to get a better seat at the table if they eventually capitulate and throw in there copper network.

I must say I find it midly amusing that TLS own "vision" of a FTN/NBN is going to be the source of much angst for them in the next few years. As for the timing the only person really sweating on the outcome is the Rudd Govnt. I think must punters can already get reasonable broadband speeds and access so whats another few years to wait for superfast access.

For holders one solution is to sell-up and sit back and enjoy the Conroy / TLS battle. As a former TLS holder I can assure you it is much more enjoyable watching this debacle unfold when you are not a stakeholder.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
0.050(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $42.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.66 $3.60 $194.6M 52.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 106561 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 1245826 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.