TMZ 0.00% 0.5¢ thomson resources limited

Assuming you are puzzled by ASX turnover on some recent days...

1. 1,673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    Assuming you are puzzled by ASX turnover on some recent days exceeding SOI (shares on issue) my presumption is that a lot of such turnover is generated by some in-&-out day traders who are simultaneously watching the Silver Futures trading going on during most of the trading hours of ASX stocks. i.e. when they see the Futures price trading at the bottom of an elongated Candlestick "W" pattern, refer:
    https://au.investing.com/commodities/silver
    they're quietly accumulating stock at those levels via more trades of lower volumes per trade, + from some sellers disillusioned by the spike up from, & back down to, those levels on 8th & 9th Feb. when the "squeeze" rumours form the US went viral.
    And thus when the Futures price begins to steadily rise again they'll buy, say, 500,000 @ 14c- from several sellers, then sell back half an hour later @ 14.5c, to several buyers who've noticed their Market Depth page shift to a greater # of buyers and of volume of shares wanting to be bought, on the 1st 3 lines, than the # of sellers and of the volume of shares wanting to be sold on the same 3 lines. Such a trade nets that day-trader a cool $700 profit without affecting the trader's bank account 1 iota! Nice work if you can get it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TMZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.