TMZ 0.00% 0.5¢ thomson resources limited

Someone answer me this, what kind of reverse-market psychology...

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Someone answer me this, what kind of reverse-market psychology bullsh*t is going on here? I have only two mining stocks in my portfolio - TMZ and TMR - and for the last three months, I have been hearing almost nothing but good news. Solidified financial prospects, big acquisitions, optimistic drilling results and feasibility studies, etc.

Sure, the short-lived short-squeeze of silver stocks brought a lot of new recognition and volatility to the playing field, but it didn't rob investors of their common sense... including for those that like to play it fast and loose, because they don't have any to begin with.

Moving into my little Op-Ed now...

The stock and derivatives market landscape is always evolving with new innovations - algorithmic/automated trading, cryptocurrencies exchange, gamification - as well as with an influx of new traders rebalancing the social demographic, and let's not forget meme stocks and Elon Musk, who appears to have an mood-dependent IQ ranging between Benjamin Franklin and Forrest Gump.

But it shouldn't get to the point where we can't even identify the links between cause and effect anymore. What I mean is, there are outcomes that we can no longer expect to happen anymore. Core principles about asset value and other economic variables are becoming less reliable, regardless of their inherent relevance.

Counterintuitive behaviour may continue to grow in the share market. Should it get too bad, you can forget about whatever framework or preconceptions you use to make your money.

As Nietzsche predicted a future, where society slipped into disorder, after scientists "killed God", I anticipate similar dynamics in the stock market should this oddity continue.

In reality, I am just being dramatic, and impatient. But to some extent I'm sure that most can relate. I am beyond the point of cutting losses on TMZ currently but that is okay, because I believe in the business, because IDMOR, and I do have common sense, like everybody should.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TMZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.