TVN 2.67% 7.3¢ tivan limited

If their idea of an expert is an ex-HC poster talking up his own...

1. 2,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    If their idea of an expert is an ex-HC poster talking up his own book then I think that * may need to replace the first three letters of their name with two others.  
    tongue.png

Like some regulars here I'm an early V investor and hold bunch of V stocks, but even I'm getting tired of the ignorance that places grade before all other project metrics - in isolation, it's simply ridiculous. Yes, grade counts A LOT, don't get me wrong but it's also a very handy metric if you're in the business of pumping a junior resource stock to the fast money retailers - PLS holders past and present should remember that short-lived January run to $1.20 - great if you exit with them, not so great if you end up holding the bag.

I believe that the "high-grade" **anintha ore will be dug up one way or another but for the current players to morph from junior explorers to the boutique operations that they're touting themselves to be then they still have to jump through the same hoops as any other operation. What should now be very clear is that refining a product from concentrate - regardless of grade - to a reliable, EPC partner guaranteed 98%+ V2O5 product is not easy and it doesn't happen quickly. KRC's testing goes all the way back to the Speewah Metals days - circa '11.  Permitting might be more straight forward in WA but geology, chemistry and physics have no state lines. Couple this with a historically temperamental V market and having a single product stream, boutique or not, still carries a reasonable level of risk. 

To me there's a very distinct difference between the company (TNG) that has developed a resource WITH a specific hydrometallurgical process (TIVAN) to others who still haven't decided whether they're going to be shipping concentrate, conventionally salt-roasting or trying to crack the hydromet code. The misinformed seem to somehow believe that TIVAN was borne out of necessity when in fact from the onset the unwavering goal has been to optimise and commercial a process that makes uneconomic deposits, extremely economic. 

Last edited by Ajinomoto: 07/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $120.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $107.0K 1.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86244 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 58867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.