TVN 3.64% 5.3¢ tivan limited

On the flipside, I found it interesting when I reviewed GW's...

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    On the flipside, I found it interesting when I reviewed GW's earlier HC posts. In particular I'm still pondering the following excerpts (my bolding) and apologies also for the long post.

14/01/22 https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/top-20.5680583/page-33?post_id=58871549

"You can be assured that I have done extensive due diligence. My concern in years prior was not the project, it was financing. The environment has shifted significantly, in that respect. I say that with 25yrs of experience at the pointy end of global capital markets.This wont be a straight line by any means. But I like the timing, and the risk reward."

31/3/22 https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/funding-secured.6671035/?post_id=60561016

The above para was referred to along with

"I don’t yet see a sufficient appreciation here on HotCopper as to the seismic events that have been taking place, both in terms of the long-run ESG agenda, and now Russia/Ukraine, which is an acute geo-political inflection point & will re-oriented the entire global commodity complex.

Governments are mobilising, esp in critical minerals, but also energy and ag, and will continue to do so. This is happening in real-time acrossAustralia (federal, state and territory), theeuro area and the US as well, as confirmed by myAFR colleague yesterday. The US stuff, while it has disappointed in the past, is real now, I am convinced.

The financing constraint for viable yet capex intensive projects, such as Mount Peake, is collapsing as a consequence. The political constraints and now morphing into incentives, as well."

2/7/22 https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/shareholder-disappointment-new-board-required.6805594/page-33?post_id=62330365

"I assume this wont placate much. Mainly wanted to confirm that PB was available, contrary to your take. Also, that I make my own decisions & responsible for the same. My overall view has evolved in the six months since I got involved, but not changed radically. kindest, gw"

plus

"I havent been contacted by any other major S/H, so I doubt the HC push for a 249d is real"

Compare the last one above with your statement "consider the timing of the shareholders list request made to the company 1 July. Around the same time that we have been told significant holders had been trying to deal with the BoD but with no success."

So GW's view based on his "due diligence" apparently over "years prior" had not radically changed in six months, and then in less than approximately 18 days his view seems to have changed so radically as to warrant his involvement in a 249D. Ironically, this occurred against a backdrop of multiple financing related announcements from TNG.

I respect everyone's right to change their mind on new information but I am not privy to what that new information may have been.I don't have and probably never will have enough information to fully understand what happened here, so all I can do is try to form my ideas on what is available to me in the public domain.

At this stage, IMO there was warranted criticism (to put it mildly) that TNG was overdue in acting to restructure, strengthen and improve BOD accountability. If sufficient shareholders felt strongly enough to facilitate their own BOD changes couldn't this have been done at the Nov 22 AGM, without the time and financial cost of a Sept 22 GM, which has potentially sidelined other current, important activities?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.002(3.64%)
Mkt cap ! $87.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $31.27K 578.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 326451 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 172431 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 1.82 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.4¢ 5.5¢ 5.4¢ 95954
Last updated 15.57pm 02/05/2024 ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.