TVN 1.79% 5.5¢ tivan limited

“SUN Cable, the proponents of a $20bn solar farm and battery...

1. 326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    “SUN Cable, the proponents of a $20bn solar farm and battery storage project near Elliott in the Barkly region, has abandoned plans to have its Darwin converter site and cable transition facilities at Middle Arm Peninsula in Darwin Harbour.”

https://www.ntnews.com.au/business/nt-business/sun-cable-wants-the-20bn-facility-for-its-asean-power-link-project-to-be-built-at-murrumujuk-near-gunn-point/news-story/61590be5c1ff314cbe917148077e5860

This is behind NT News paywall that I don’t have access to but curious what the reasons for moving away from middle arm are! Might this suggest the TPF moving to Mt Peake due to similar reasons?!

The video clip interview with the Clean Energy Investor Group CEO also suggests that investor money is available to support storage projects but the Australian government and Utility bodies not geared to support the transmission part of the equation. Wonder how long before they pull their finger out on this!

Meanwhile the polies in Qld are upbeat about Rio Tinto and our old mate Sumitomo looking to build a hydrogen plant - seems like pressure is on the Aus government to get a move on with aligning to the Paris accord
    https://www.riotinto.com/news/releases/2021/Rio-Tinto-and-Sumitomo-to-assess-hydrogen-pilot-plant-at-Gladstones-Yarwun-alumina-refinery

I presume due to recent TNG announcements about VRFB development with other players, Sumitomo is no longer an interested party in TNG? The MOU in 2016 was around batteries but the group is so large that other parts of Sumitomo could still be on the radar.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.001(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $95.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.4¢ $14.78K 269.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 219001 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 14055 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.58am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.