TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

TNT Chart, page-1286

1. 5,565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2209
    It can be unpredictable in this situations. You might remember (you probably do since you're referring to my older posts) back when being in the high 20s was new territory I said I expected it would probably drop back to the low 20s but whether or not it did, we'd be in the 30s at some stage in the not too distant future, it would probably happen quickly, so I'm going to hold rather than sell out or buy back, partly just for safety and partly because I was expecting to be busy at times and wouldn't have my finger on the pulse consistently, and wouldn't want to miss that rise (which we ended up seeing last week). As it turned out I was busy for a while but was watching at the right time to buy back in (and did top up recently at 22c) and to enjoy our rally last week, but it could easily have had different timing and I don't regret missing the trade.

This time as we're pushing into fresh highs I am less expecting a pullback, but it's still possible. The chart, sentiment and expected upcoming news seem to be less aligned for a pullback. Last week the buying pressure finally broke the downward resistance, and it's not coincidence that it happened shortly before the expected news.

I've traded out and back in before (and been abused for it here! No matter that I made money and anyone copying me by simply reading what I posted and doing the same would have made money too! Go figure.) and I may do it again at some stage, but in the long term I'll only sell out if I'm watching very closely and ready to jump back in, at a loss (buying at a higher price) if necessary, and in the short term you'll only get hold of my TNT shares by prying them out of my cold, dead hands. That's not to say there definitely won't be a temporary dip, but it shows how likely I think it is relative to it not happening, how small that dip would be, and the likely imminent rise.

You'll see a lot of jubilation here at the moment which can be a sign that something is overbought and it's time to sell, but in this case I think we're still so undervalued and have sufficiently good news coming that the excitement isn't yet overdone; we still have a way to go in the short term and a long way to go in the long term. If we shot to the mid 40s this week I may sell out a percentage of my holding looking for a better reentry, but I can't see that happening, and hey, however you look at it, happy days if we are in the mid 40s this week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.