TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

there are two approaches - trade or invest. I do both, but much...

1. 4,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 517
    there are two approaches - trade or invest. I do both, but much more of investing. If you want to trade then short term movements are everything and you don’t really care that much about prospects - just riding the waves and grabbing what you can. Nothing wrong with it.

if you want to invest, then you find stocks you feel have a good growth story and you don’t really care about short term ups and downs - just noise. Over time increasing revenue and profits will drive the price.
    of course you might also choose to invest in a lower growth stock, that has a good defensive base and pays nice dividends.

i think people confuse the two and invest in a company but then want to see it make big gains in a short period and get confused when it doesn’t or even when it falls. Patience is everything in investment and horizons can be in years rather than weeks. Of course if you haven’t made a good decision, there is nothing wrong in admitting that and moving on, but often a bit of patience brings rewards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.