to change the flag

1. 18 Posts.

On the eve of Australia Day here comes one well known Australia digging up the issue of removing the Union jack from our flag.
    On the eve of Australia Day i say this:In the 1700's when England was encircling the globe in discovery ,Australia was founded by the English(yes i know the Aboriginals were here first).The other ships circling the globe at the time were the Spanish.Thank God we were "discovered" by the English and not the Spanish.A quick glance at all countries the Spaniards discovered clearly show they are amongst the poorest and most corrupt on earth..eg latin America,Mexico,Philippines etc.A quick glance at the countries England "discovered" clearly shows one of prosperity,generosity to the poor and honesty.
    In short the Union Jack represents the freedom and one living in a country we can be proud of.Lets not loose sight of this and what many "newcomers" would want is to come here to the "lucky" country for their better life yet try and tear down the very fabric which gave us the good life we have known and grown up with.
    I love the Aborigines and i am in no way racist yet i also align myself with what is good and decent.This is the country we all live in and this is what the Union Jack represents to us all..decency freedom of speech and a country willing to support all the needy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.