UNI 0.75% $6.75 universal store holdings limited

Further to CEOA1's post, and to rebut the ill-informed and...

1. 5,650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2854
    Further to CEOA1's post, and to rebut the ill-informed and ignorant gossip piece masquerading as business journalism in the SMH, I'd just like to clarify the situation re the corporate relocation to Lewisberry, and the NASDAQ listing.

For some time now management has stated that Unilife would eventually be dual listed on the ASX and a leading US exchange. That is exactly what is now happening.

Shareholders have a simple choice:

1) We can elect to take NASDAQ listed stock in Unilife Corporation at 1 UNI Corp. share for every 12 shares currently held in Unilife Medical Solutions.

2)ALTERNATIVELY we can elect to take CDIs which will trade on the ASX just like the existing shares, except the consolidation will be 1:2. One CDI will be the equivalent of 2 existing Unilife shares. So, instead of 220 million(give or take) shares currently trading on the ASX at say A$ .70 cents, we will have 110 million shares trading at A$1.40.

3) Nimble shareholders can switch between the two, if they wish, and enjoy the benefit of any arbitrage opportunity that may arise.

The MOST IMPORTANT aspect to the move is that the SP in Australia will reflect, and be driven by, demand in the US.

Unilife is NOT abandoning Australia, Australian Shareholders or the ASX as stated in the SMH piece. Not only is this factually and ignorantly incorrect, but it misses the point entirely with regard to shareholders and the creation of shareholder wealth. The whole purpose of dual listing is to give the company the opportunity play in the big leagues where full value for the company will be realised by market participants who understand and appreciate the long term potential of what has been, and is being, created.

This is to the benefit of all shareholders irrespective of domicile.

In the past I have defended Alan Shortall against attacks against his integrity. In doing so I always stated that he is motivated not by greed or personal wealth creation, but by the challenge of building a world-class company that not only makes a lot of money, but benefits humanity, and delivers greatly increased wealth to ALL shareholders lucky enough to be involved. This is what the dual ASX/NASDAQ listing will achieve.

Yes, the Big Fella makes money, but so do we all, and I'd suggest it's going to be a hell of a lot more, and more quickly, than if we remained listed solely on the ASX where we would continue to be the plaything of day-traders and others with a short term horizon, and also subject to ongoing attack from those in the media and elsewhere who for whatever reasons have limited imaginations and nothing better to do with their time.

All those in favour say, AYE!

One other thing, it is my understanding that the 12 month target of $3.64 contained in the Griffin report was based on the existing share structure on 220 million shares, and does not take into account the two proposed share consolidations. Do the maths....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.75
Change
0.050(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $517.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.74 $6.87 $6.70 $1.187M 175.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 5633 $6.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.77 519 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.