MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

to doubters all, page-13

1. 5,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2791
    Err, what's up, Doc?...:)

On a somewhat more serious note, (not to suggest that rabbit plagues aren't serious), but did anyone else find the wording of the CEO bulletin intriguing?

IN BOLD... "This may be your last chance to participate at a stock price that is in line with our recent stock issues. The company has never offered better terms in a Rights Issue and it may never do so again."

This could play either way - a thinly veiled forewarning of doom, or a cleverly disguised forecast of better times to come.

For the sake of argument, let's assume it's the latter. It certainly has the ring of "But wait, there's more...." about it, and I'm not thinking a set of free steak knives!

"It may never do so again"....does this mean it won't ever do an SPP at what in hindsight may prove to be such favourable terms, or better still, it may never do an SPP again? Or both? Or the next SPP, if needed, will be at a greatly improved price? If so, and given we now have sufficient funding to get through the final stages of certification etc., with the possibility (probability?) of a significnat capital injection from an external source/sources, what's going to be the catalyst for such an improvemed SP?

I'm not trying to play this up, but the choice of expression seems out of the ordinary. Nor does it have a ring of desperation about it. To my mind, and I'm definitely NOT clutching at straws, there's an upbeat, far more confident tone to the past few announcements that hasn't been present before.

Perhaps there's a hint of it in the part dealing with the Mission Payload Module - Non Lethal Weapons Systems. Only two companies were awarded contracts to develop the MPM-NLWS - Metal Storm and General Dynamics. That puts us in august company.

"The US Marines have publicly stated that in the first acquisition spiral (don't you love that phrase!), it intends to acquire 312 MPM-NLWS.This represents a very important opportunity for Metal Storm. Metal Storm is well-advanced in its work and I am pleased with the progress and results so far."

If we are the only company competing with GD for this, how much longer will this pesky little Aussie outfit be allowed to get away with such behaviour before we get taken out, hopefully not rabbit-style?!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.