QMN 0.00% 16.8¢ queensland mining corporation limited

I was struck by the quote by management in their reply to...

1. 287 Posts.
    I was struck by the quote by management in their reply to hop:
    'We have devoted substantial company time in responding to your queries. You future, we suggest you speak with your stockbroker or other advisors in relation to your current or future QMC shareholding.'

Seems these guys in management are not aware of the dramatic change in investor profiles. Gone are the days of shareholders being rich old gents, and even richer old widows, being serviced by their financial advisors.

Today, young and old investors are on the web, buying our own shares through institutions such as Comsec, and doing our own research. Up and coming companies are listed in more than one stock exchange and draw on investors from around the world. And these investors are communicating with each other. Forums like hotcopper are our staple diet of support. We share both Technical Analysis thanks to the daily chartists, and Fundamental Analysis. News from around the world is shared, translated, and critiqued.

I see other company managers actively engaging with their shareholders in full recognition of the need for mutual cooperation. Shareholders need good managers. Managers need solid support of shareholders in it for the long haul - and not just the traders that flit in and out on a daily basis.

It is clear the current QMC management do not wish to engage with shareholders in an open and transparent way above and beyond strict ASX requirements. Maybe it is time for a new management team?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.