CVN 0.00% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Im truly not an expert on anyrhing...but I've successfully...

1. 250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Im truly not an expert on anyrhing...but I've successfully built a solid portfolio by holding shares in solidly managed companies for 20 years .. however imo for a few reasons i dont know whether stx and wgo are good comparative companies..?? i dont know enough about either, besides the recent results and sp hype and hike..
    id be interested to hear our learned fellow respected holders views on this.
    Re comparing the ' drop' in sp ..My view is along the lines of the hype that follows the ' frenzy' that surrounds drilling results... eg wgo and stx fairly recently announced.. is fairly typical but not representative of the fair value when quantifying the value of a spec / exploration company .. ... since the hype in exploration / speculation stocks almost always precedes a drop of 30- 50%.. for obvious reasons .. once the people who jumped on the train ..( usually late) quickly realise the company can not turn that ' tremendous find( wtf .. / jorc results whatever ? into cash in 5 minutes or 5 months .. nor their investment to 5 or 10 bag .. they bag the company out.. and sell... forgetting ( besides their lack of research) that at any given time in the market or in history ...commodities of any nature eg oil and gas have demand that is forecast but not guaranteed ..Besides the impact of algorithmic traders / bots/ manipulation etc in short term charts.. All companies start off small... at every point along the way they need capital to progress the company.. for them to prove their true value/ develop their resources .. avoid takeover etc they need a handful of luck and exellence in management.. AND long term patient investors ... CVN have my vote as a patient long term investor .. great potential here .. DYOR but be sure to always remind yourself of the basics of supply and demand in the stock market..and learn about the integrity and committment the company has in regard to share holder value.. In that I trust here .. Patience is the key.. and I've done ok investing in no asx company I'm not prepared to hold for 10 years : ) It matters nil imo.. what happens beyond CVNs control to cause investors to sell.. therefore dropping the sp..its happened before.!!the oil is going nowhere.. and the world will need oil for many years to come.. its a hold for me ) Cheers
    Last edited by Ffrainbow: 18/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $68.20K 349.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 692026 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 1432858 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.48am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.