to hotcopper mods - $$$$$$$$$, page-8

1. 4,434 Posts.
    There's also the worry of having one's personal details exposed. I don't know how the other forums do it but I'd hate to think that vermin like yak and bumwiper and others will have access to them. I'd have to be thoroughly reassured that that won't be the case! The nutter made cals to asio for christ's sake! What next? I bet he hangs around gay sites and exposes the details of the members there! I mean could you trust a forum where this sort of thing takes place?
    Lots of credibility has to be repaired and serious, professional people have to run the thing before any one trusts it.
    As well, I don't think the money received from members will make that enormous a difference. Real money comes from advertisers and advertisers will want to have a look at the services which HC provides. Notionally, it's a great service: the bringing together of a great many people either to ramp or to gripe -that doesn't matter but it would need to at least be almost totally free of personal abuse and ad hominem.
    As well, HC would need to provide other services: perhaps links which may be free for a while. These will be the lures to catch the big advertisers.
    Thirdly, I think what management there is on HC ought to get its bum into gear and go LOOK for advertisers. I'm sure there are plenty out there; just don't let them log in when ypres has been around!
    So, three steps:
    a) Clean up!
    b) provide services (both for a price as well as free)
    c) go look for advertisers.

There are many other ways but I don't want to turn this into a book. (There are many books out there already)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.