The DM Murdoch version has been posted on here a number of times...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    The DM Murdoch version has been posted on here a number of times and the book was very controversial when first published.
    When I first read the claims about 25th Dec, virgins, babies placed in a manger etc I was quite intrigued and searched for scholarly references that made the same claims.

In every case where those passages were quoted the source inevitably came back to DM Murdoch's book.

You may remember my opening post where I was curious to see if you had actually tried to verify what you passed on from an anonymous Quora post.

"Not disputing that the Biblical Jesus "myth" includes many of the elements common to other extraordinary "mythical" figures. Quotes because there is no certainty about what is myth/symbolic and what is historical for most of these figures ....."

So the issue here was not whether the Jesus "Biblical" story is mythical in nature and shares common elements of other Teacher/god myths as well as details added from common pagan beliefs. That is self evident to anyone who has made even a cursory investigation.
    However, it also includes "historical" details of a Teacher in action which does not correspond with gods like Attis.

The great "life" and fertility cycles of birth, growth, death and rebirth are universal with many gods and mythical figures illustrating aspects. Dates usually corresponding with "agricultural" and climate events such as solstices etc.

"however my source used this as the reference:
    https://www.worldhistory.biz/download567/Mythology_The_Voyage_of_the_Hero.pdf"

If you are talking about the Quora post, I doubt your source used Mythology The Voyage of the Hero, since there is no wording about Attis in that book which resembles the Quora version.

This was a deliberate ploy by DM Murdoch to fill in made up or exaggerated details in order to be dramatic and controversial which certainly was an aid for good sales for her book.

Now what is all this stuff about trolls. Next you will be looking for goblins and fairies.
    We already recently have a trinity of demons so it suggests HC P&R is rapidly turning into a fairy tale.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.