"I'm No.1 fanboy of Mandela. He is the most extraordinary world...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "I'm No.1 fanboy of Mandela. He is the most extraordinary world leader of my brief time on earth."

No question he was an exceptional human leader of the people.
    However, has apartheid and tribalism, white against black, black against white and black against black ended in SA ?
    Difficult to say. Though perhaps not too difficult depending which end of which stick you are on.

Unfortunately "People" have a way of quickly ignoring exceptional human leaders, preferring to revert to "Natural" tribal instincts.and the many, many, many unexceptional leaders/politicians who unashamedly exploit such tribalism for their own benefit.

Lately, whenever I despair about Humanity and the way "leaders" so easily and repeatedly exploit the natural tribal instincts of the Human animal nature for their own purposes, I watch the movie "A United Kingdom" which details the extraordinary life and love story of Seretse Khama and his white English wife Ruth.
    Seretse born on 1 July 1921 was an hereditary leader of Bechuanaland (now Botswana) and the story of how he became the first elected President of Botswana despite opposition from everyone from the British to the South Africans to his own anti-white/colonial people is amazing and something I was completely ignorant about before seeing the movie.

The Nelson Mandela foundation helped fund the movie and Nelson Mandela described Seretse and Ruth Khama’s legacy as " shining beacon of light and inspiration."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.