It’s good to see you getting on with your life especially in...

1. 5,245 Posts.
    It’s good to see you getting on with your life especially in these times, you are lucky as you are not a city dweller and have much more freedom and things to keep you occupied, I’d hate to be living in an apartment or a flat with no back yard, luckily I have a big yard and can find much to keep me busy
    ………………………….
    reliance on the bible was not the intention of Jesus.......

The Bible on the whole is Very Clear, one can reach eternal life from the Bible alone. (God and Jesus willing etc).

No that is not so, the bible especially Paul’s letters say otherwise, he tells us to hold to Traditions, the church, what was taught by word of mouth or by letters, there is no indication that eternal life can be reached from the bible alone.

There are practices we must also follow like baptism, Jesus’ memorial just to name 2 for salvation, the bible alone is just a book cannot perform these acts, but can tell / instruct us that we need to do them

The bible is a book written by people who experienced God and have put it into writing for others to come to know God, it is only the embracing of Jesus that will give eternal life.

Nowhere in Pauls writing or even the other apostles do / does he / they say hold on to this letter I’m writing as it is scripture and you will find eternal life in it, that would be a great deception making writing a distraction from Jesus himself.

If you know how the bible came about, the you would know it was the CC that told us which book is scripture or inspired, nowhere in the bible does it give us a list of all the books in it, and not all books tell us they were directly inspired as scripture and should be in the bible

Thus Paul tells the Corinthians, "I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2), and he commands the Thessalonians, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). He even goes so far as to order, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us" (2 Thess. 3:6).
    To make sure that the apostolic Tradition would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, "What you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first four generations of apostolic succession—his own generation, Timothy’s generation, the generation Timothy will teach, and the generation they in turn will teach.

In Scripture we see the Church held forth as “the pillar and bulwark of the truth” (1 Tim. 3:15), the instrument by which God has chosen to make known his wisdom and in which he will be glorified “to all generations” (Eph. 3:21). These divinely revealed truths exclude notions of the Church going into general apostasy.
    Bible presents to us a Church that is the pillar and bulwark of the truth.
    1 Corinthians 11:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 Timothy 2:2 New International Version (NIV)
    2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

1 Timothy 3:15 New International Version (NIV)
    15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Even in 2Tim 3:15-17, Paul doesn’t say scripture alone, but are able to make you wise for salvation through Jesus Christ, not scripture

2 Timothy 3:15-17 New International Version (NIV)
    15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.