To know God Is to Obey - Lukewarm Christians be warned, page-318

1. 6,495 Posts.
    I appreciate you trying to put me straight, but I think I'm okay on this one.

I have come to the conclusion that what are really speaking about is the human spirit. I guess I'm saying that I do not accept philosophical materialism, nor determinism, nor predestination as being absolutes.

All I have claimed is that humans have Free Will in choosing right from wrong. I don't believe Free Will exists in nature. In saying that this then supposes that there is an aspect of the human state that differs from nature and enables Free Will. This is the human spirit.

I believe it exists and you do not, so we have reached an impasse, the debate can not pass this point, because essentially it is about materialism vs G.d. Now I understand why you are not comfortable with the notion of Free Will.

I believe we each have a capacity, but that capacity can only become manifest by your own volition. Who then is the master of that volition and by what means is it empowered? Sure the brain state, the inputs, the neural architecture, the memory function are the car, but who then drives the car. They are the city, but who then peoples the city. You speak of the depersonalised brain. I speak to the personalised brain in which the subject may exercise Free Will.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.