The problem with this notion of being reborn is, how does a...

1. 6,493 Posts.
    The problem with this notion of being reborn is, how does a humanity that was throttled down to perhaps no more than a couple of thousand beings at some stage get reborn into 8 billion people? Exponential growth renders this highly improbable. The maths does not add up.

Then, if G.d exists in some form, rebirth renders this god incapable of creating a viable human. So much so that it has to be born over and over again and yet it's very hard to discern even moderate improvements in the general enlightenment of humans over the ages.

The next point worth considering is that if rebirth is some essential aspect in the process of becoming human, then why is the recall so rare, so oblique and abstruse, so open to the vagaries of interpretation? Why not just live to be 1000 so all your crap gets ironed out?

I think we establish the essence of who and what we are pretty successfully in this life. Those who remember past lives may just be connecting to somebody who has past over whilst in a dream state and here an exchange of life experiences takes place? Those who have recall of this then begin to believe that they are recalling their own past lives, rather than sharing the experiences of a previous unique life.

And if we are subject to and need to be spiritually evolving, progressing, growing towards the essence of who we are, then why would this process stop in the spiritual state? Why would a spirit need to go backwards to do it all over again to progress when progress is likely a condition of the spirit state anyway.

Now I don't know if anything I've said has any truth to it, but being reborn can't possibly have any truth to it because it is the most redundant system of progress possible.

As for NDEs. My mother the absolute atheist had one and in recounting it to me and only me, it rocked both our worlds. It was a shock to the senses in ways that are impossible to put into words. There were details this much loved, simple woman was incapable of conceiving unless she had experienced some otherness of being. Science and the Jehovah Witness may claim some means to explain this away, but they were not in that room with my mother.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.