ASX 0.29% $63.10 asx limited

to kosmo

1. 5,784 Posts.
    Hi kosmo, this morning you said

"thanx for your thoughts guys. great to hear other approaches. I'm still on a huge learning curve, particularly with oil.
    Is there a board on this site for duscussing trading plans etc??"

can I suggest that if you are on a learning curve then get hold of the following books and read them (there are also other great books out there) -

Read these 2 first - the psychology and money management discussions are fantastic

Trading For a Living - by Dr Alexander Elder
    Come Into My Trading Room - by Dr Alexander Elder

The above also has good TA stuff as do many other books - no shortage of these - maybe look also at

The Art Of Trading - by Christopher Tate

This one is great -

Trend Following - How Great Traders Make Millions in Up or Down Markets

others to look at -

How I Made @ Million In The Stock Market - by Nicolas Darvis - this one will teach you not to listen to crap around here or from so called experts in the financial sector (Darvis did have some luck though!) - not suggesting you don't seek professional advice - just suggesting you make sure it is good and relevant.

A couple of others that make light reading are:

Stock Market Wizards - by Jack Schwager

One Up On Wall Street - by Peter Lynch for a fundamental approach of a great money manager.

If you are interested in tracking company fundamentals as well as technicals like I do (that is why I am "The Analyser"!) then go to this link below and join up for a free trial period and educate yourself on what fundamental characteristics historically the best stocks often have (ie earnings growth, return on assets, margins etc...) and when best to buy from a technical point of view (ie breaking out of basing patterns - cup/saucer formations etc...).

http://www.investors.com/

Then if interested in fundamentals look around as there various packages where you can get this data on Aussie stocks - I won't mention here as maybe a conflict with HotCopper?

All the best and let me know if you need any help on getting going.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$63.10
Change
0.180(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $12.23B
Open High Low Value Volume
$62.97 $63.63 $62.61 $17.85M 282.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 923 $63.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$63.11 576 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.