ASX 0.06% $65.94 asx limited

to kosmo

1. 5,784 Posts.
    Hi kosmo, this morning you said

"thanx for your thoughts guys. great to hear other approaches. I'm still on a huge learning curve, particularly with oil.
    Is there a board on this site for duscussing trading plans etc??"

can I suggest that if you are on a learning curve then get hold of the following books and read them (there are also other great books out there) -

Read these 2 first - the psychology and money management discussions are fantastic

Trading For a Living - by Dr Alexander Elder
    Come Into My Trading Room - by Dr Alexander Elder

The above also has good TA stuff as do many other books - no shortage of these - maybe look also at

The Art Of Trading - by Christopher Tate

This one is great -

Trend Following - How Great Traders Make Millions in Up or Down Markets

others to look at -

How I Made @ Million In The Stock Market - by Nicolas Darvis - this one will teach you not to listen to crap around here or from so called experts in the financial sector (Darvis did have some luck though!) - not suggesting you don't seek professional advice - just suggesting you make sure it is good and relevant.

A couple of others that make light reading are:

Stock Market Wizards - by Jack Schwager

One Up On Wall Street - by Peter Lynch for a fundamental approach of a great money manager.

If you are interested in tracking company fundamentals as well as technicals like I do (that is why I am "The Analyser"!) then go to this link below and join up for a free trial period and educate yourself on what fundamental characteristics historically the best stocks often have (ie earnings growth, return on assets, margins etc...) and when best to buy from a technical point of view (ie breaking out of basing patterns - cup/saucer formations etc...).

http://www.investors.com/

Then if interested in fundamentals look around as there various packages where you can get this data on Aussie stocks - I won't mention here as maybe a conflict with HotCopper?

All the best and let me know if you need any help on getting going.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.