IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

http://www.facebook.com/NearMap/posts/1015081089086487416April...

1. 28,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    http://www.facebook.com/NearMap/posts/10150810890864874

16April 2012

A message from Simon Crowther CEO nearmap.com

Thank you for all your feedback both positive and negative I have read all your comments.

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who has used and recommended nearmap since we launched. Your enthusiasm and support has been really important and much appreciated.

We are making a whole host of changes over the next couple of months and I wanted... to take this opportunity to lay out our plans going forward.

Q. Why the changes?
    A. Our objective is to keep developing nearmap as a business grade service and adding new exciting features - the recent addition of Navteq to the site was an indication of how we will be increasing functionality and performance.

Q. How long will you be trialing paid subscriptions?
    A. We will be concluding our trials soon and thank everyone who has indicated their interest in subscribing. We will be introducing paid subscriptions permanently in the near future.

Q. Will you offer a Free product for casual use?
    A. We are currently evaluating different options and it is likely we will have either a fully featured trial or de-tuned functionality. We will no longer offer a fully featured free product to personal users.We do want to continue to support some key user groups and access for Primary Schools remains free and my hope is that we can also provide a free service to NGO's and Charities so we can give back to the Community as we have done numerous times during the floods.

Q. Why are you introducing subscriptions can't advertising support nearmap?
    A. Our aim is to grow nearmap into an international business and the only way we can offer our product in the future is to focus on our paying customers. Advertising is unable to support a complex digital business like nearmap. I do not rule out advertising in some form in the future but at present it is not a viable option in a smaller market like Australia.

Q. Why should I subscribe?
    A. We are investing in a whole new site upgrade, new features and functionality plus our first mobile applications. These new features will only be available to paying customers.

Q. I am closing my account and going to use Bing and Google.
    A. We understand and will be sorry to see you go. They are great services and for many good enough. However if you want the most up to date content at the highest resolution, track change over time and support an Australian tech company take on the big boys and girls then nearmap will always be pleased to see you return.

Thank you for your support

Simon Crowther CEO nearmap.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.