MSB 2.98% $1.47 mesoblast limited

I agree, frankly I find in hard to navigate on HC and keep up...

1. 233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3441
    I agree, frankly I find in hard to navigate on HC and keep up and it's difficult for me to compose messages. Here's my post from Yahoo today for anyone interested. Don't know if it belongs on another thread or if it's been discussed on another thread, my apologies if that is the case, glta:

"Yesterday Sanofi announced itsacquisition of Principia for $3.7B cash. Principia is in thebusiness of developing medications for immune-related disorders, sothe deal makes for a good “comparator of value” with Mesoblast,which currently has a market cap of $1.96B and is also in thebusiness of treating immune-related illnesses. Essentially allillnesses have an immune component, but some illnesses are morewide-spread and well-known and potentially profitable than others. Principia has 2 small molecule medications in its pipeline that arein phase 3. Their lead molecule is targeting pemphigus, an orphanillness indication most people have never heard of. The samemolecule is in phase 2 testing against other relatively rareimmune-related diseases (immune thrombocytopenia and IgG4 relateddiseases). Their second molecule was already partnered with Sanofiand is in phase 3 targeting multiple sclerosis. Certainly that's amajor indication, everyone's heard of it, and it was the primarymotivator for the deal. However, there's no imminent phase 3 readoutor planned NDA (the small molecule equivalent of a BLA) for eithermolecule. Principia had $170M in cash and was burning $9M per monthon its last filing, certainly nothing there to give it a valueadvantage over Mesoblast.

Contrast Mesobast's pipeline: 1product, remestemcel-L, with a filed BLA/imminent FDA approval alsoin testing for multiple other indications including COVID-19 ARDS,and two other products about to give phase 3 read-outs on majorindications everyone has heard of (Congestive Heart Failure andChronic Low Back Pain). Plus a read-out on using rem-L in Crohn'scould come soon, that's another major illness most people have heardof. Not to mention the royalties already coming in from approvedproducts in Japan and Europe. That plus the filed BLA should valuethe company well north of Principia if someone were to try andacquire it today. FDA approval of rem-L and success in any of theother programs for major wide-spread indications would put thecompany in play for large multiples of what Sanofi just paid forPrincipia, IMO. And the dates with success are not far away. Shortsenjoy your little joy ride for pennies while it lasts."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.