To nights Funny

1. 19,879 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 487
    so you have a EV
    thats nice
    but
    have you deeply thought about recharging your power department, your battery
    and what happens if there is no enough power in the Street
    and this is for ONLY 4 cars
    what about for 50 cars

as I posted to nights Funny

Aussies to 'ration' their power use to so electric vehicle owners can charge their cars

• A flyer created by electric car owners has called on locals to ration their power
    • It was sent to residents living on a street in the Melbourne suburb of Brighton
    • The four EV owners made the request so they could charge their electric cars
    By JESSE HYLAND FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
    PUBLISHED: 14:28 AEDT, 12 October 2022 | UPDATED: 15:41 AEDT, 12 October 2022

A bizarre flyer from electric car owners calling for residents of a Melbourne suburb to ration their electricity so they can charge their vehicles has sparked a furious debate online.

Locals in a street in Brighton were asked in a flyer to ration their power as the four electric car owners in the neighbourhood were struggling to charge their vehicles.

'As we encourage everyone to go green, we have been presented with some challenges in relation to electricity use,' it read.

It went on to say that the 'EV crew' had met the night before sharing the leaflet.
    'Basically to enable the charging of our EV's we will roster our charging days times etc, and we ask that during this time you ration your electricity use ie: air cons, washers, dryers etc off when we are charging our cars'
    'The small sacrifice today will help put an end to global warming and the associated issues,' the flyer concluded.
    News of the unusual leaflet was originally posted in a thread on Reddit before it was shared to a public Facebook group.
    However the street name was redacted, raising questions over whether it was credible.
    One commenter thought the flyer was 'fabricated and fishy', while others said it was 'made up.'
    Despite doubts over the flyer's legitimacy, the man who shared it insisted it was real

Rhys Andrews said the car owner's power company told them they could not charge several vehicles on the same street.
    Electric vehicles can be charged using a power point, but the process can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 20 hours, depending on the specific charger.
    While public charging stations are available, electric car owners can also set up stations in their homes. Chargers used at home are usually set up in a garage.
    The speed of the charge will rely on the type of charger and the car owner's access to power.
    Single-phase power would charge an electric car in about six hours, while three-phase power would reduce it to about four hours.

Many social media users who responded to the post slammed the electric vehicle owners for their odd request.
    'I can't imagine turning off the amenities I've worked so hard to acquire so the neighbours can charge their cars,' said one.
    'You want the EV mess; you figure out what to do with it and leave others out of your self-inflicted dilemma.'
    Another commented: 'Why should I ration my electricity because someone else made a bad car choice.'
    'I would tell them no. Why should everyone else suffer for their stupid choice. EVs are not the 'green' solution everyone thinks they are,' added a third.
    Bayside mayor Alex Del Porto, who claimed he was unaware of the EV issue in the Brighton neighbourhood, said that the council was already working with Goldstein federal MP Zoe Daniel to install a new charging station in Sandringham.

'The council has contributed $5000 to the business case,' he told the Herald Sun.
    'There are also already charging stations at Chadstone Shopping Centre that are available to the public.'

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.