https://au.news.yahoo.com/tradies-jaw-dropping-act-after-client-a...

1. 6,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/tradies-jaw-dropping-act-after-client-allegedly-refuses-to-pay-001248489.html

This video is absolutely hilarious and I wanted to find out more.. looks like they got back to the slab before it cured to hack it to pieces.. If so it does seem strange that they were upset about payment before the actual concrete has even cured ? Must be a cash job everyone trying to save a dollar

So from what I can see in the vid, there doesn't appear to be any expansion joints in the slab.. it appears to be 100 - 150mm thick and approx 40m2 ?

It does taper nicely off to the gutter but what does everyone reckon ? worth the $6k quote ? yes if re enforced with steel, properly jointed and finished and properly cleaned up..

on further investigation however, it appears that the lady, kind of disputes the story being narrated by the concreters saying,

'i did not get the mesh I asked for and they did take away the rubbish blah blah blah'

hang on a minute? what ? they formed up a slab for a driveway ( should be higher strength ) and allegedly didn't lay re enforcing steel in the form ?

The owners tried to sneak a cheaper job by negotiating a cash deal and avoiding GST and so serves them right for getting burned but they still got what is probably a $2K slab of concrete materials as driveway, so they got what they paid for.. as for the Tradies they probably got what they deserved for promising spec that they actually then tried to withhold on purpose while aggressively trying extorting the quoted price for what they know being experienced concreters is a cheap and nasty slab

If the tradies had promised a non re enforced, non jointed slab, for $2.5 - 3K, the owner may have been satisfied and gone with the cheaper job and everyone would be happy..

The owners wanted champagne on a beer budget and the Tradies wanted their beer and smokes money for nothing

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.