DMC 0.00% 30.0¢ design milk co limited

to see ourselves as others see us ..., page-16

1. 1,396 Posts.
    all good thx for response.. id prob look at ur website project from 3 angles:

1.webpage designers actual person who puts it together
    2.marketing advisor
    3.material - content,graphics, structure, concepts, visions, uses of webpage. what front page layout or image would be most indentifiable with what intermoco is on about?

dont put crap there that seems like just novel idea at time, ask urselves what will actually be utilised in practice.

ur front angle or 'face' is it a picture of kiddle hi fiving a customer with a hardhat on.. or is about the product? is it about the benefits a customer may get from using the service? or mixture of all of the above?

marketing ppl are good at listening to ur concept or ur goal and then designing a face or image for u, SELLING POINT. they also good at whats pleasing to the eye, user friendly.. have few randoms also test the page b4 going live.

u as directors have to all be cohesive about what ur mission stmt,goal is otherwise it will be a house of cards and all bulldust on the webpage sooner rather then later.

are u viewing to change the logo again in couple of years time? if so its a wasted exercise. theres nothing worse for client to see too much chopping and changing, ur website already been changed few times b4, also ur logo was changed i think in robbo days. i personally didnt see much point in that at the time. someone just changed the colours and style of letterheads and stuff, i reckon personally it did more at the time to confuse ur brand name then anything else.

ur goals, services, 'face', think of longevity, no point designing smart ass tabs and techo stuff on ur webpage if they arent going to be practically used down the track for fair purposes? are u going to change DIRECTION again next week etc?

have u got internal structures u are happy with for at least a longer time? cos if ur trying to go big in an industry with 'a' concept, u cant change ur image 47 times, u lose the ability to be identified if change face too much.

also leave space in ur image etc for the unknown..addons or divergences into related fields other then embedded networks down the track, otherwise u blokes will continually want new letterheads or new company image each time someone is hyperactive about a new acquisition or new industry gizmo etc? or new directions allow a little scope?

u mite sell one product offering now.. but what is possible later? i would design such things with the above in mind.. this way ur shareholders arent going to get shafted on webpage design bills or IT charges. and u will have an image of longevity, webpage that also endures a bit. and a good platform for communication with stakeholders.

cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.