SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Hello All, There is confusion about what is an investor is - An...

1. 1,404 Posts.
    Hello All,

There is confusion about what is an investor is -

An investor is a person who allocates capital with the expectation of a financial return. Types of investments include: equity, debt securities, real estate, currency, commodity, derivatives such as put and call options, etc. This definition makes no distinction between those in the primary and secondary markets. That is, someone who provides a business with capital and someone who buys a stock are both investors. An investor who owns a stock is a shareholder.

Investor vs speculator vs stock trader
    The assumption of risk in anticipation of gain but recognizing a higher than average possibility of loss. The term speculation implies that a business or investment risk can be analyzed and measured, and its distinction from the term Investment is one of degree of risk. It differs from gambling, which is based on random outcomes.[1]
    Investors can include stock traders but with this distinguishing characteristic: investors are owners of a company which entails responsibilities.

Taken from wikipedia.

Therefore people saying people who trade the stock and long term traders are not welcome is not right.

Because we are all investors who want to make a gain. (I assume none of you are here to make a loss as an investor).

Taken from wikepedia

A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

Are we confusing our self with a fact or an "what we would like to happen " ?

Statements
    SDL is not just an iron ore company.
    It a railway, port and shipping company.

What does this mean as an investor ?  I would like to know my return on investment for building the railway and ports etc ?
    What is the risk once i build it.

Also how is the railway going to be built if SDL has stopped the FEED.

Mine Plant and Associated Infrastructure FEED Study: Work continued on the Mine Plant FEED Study throughout most of the period. Outputs from the cost and value challenge discussed above have been incorporated into the scope of work, technical design criteria and specifications for design development and these have been completed in preparation for the next stage of design development. As part of the cost reduction measures discussed above, the FEED Study Contract was placed in suspension effective from 19 December 2014.

27-Jan-2015
    Quarterly Activities Report
    December 2014 Quarterly Activities Report

Should we focus on funding ?
    Thank SDL for letting me comeback in at 2.4 cents.  

The problem with people on here they are confused with FACTS and speculation(hence are they just gamblers - It differs from gambling, which is based on random outcomes.[1].

I am basing my investment on facts not random outcomes in the future (gambler).
    I am basing my investing on a positive gain that i analyzed and measured with facts.

Thank you all who wrote to me.  But life goes on and may we all be successful investors weather we choose to trade short or long term.  May all people be welcome here to post about SDL as getting everyone feedback positive or negative helps us gather the facts to be good investors and make a positive gain.  (unless your goal is to have negative gains )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.